Tuesday, February 7, 2012


Helloooo from North Carolina!  We finally got all moved and traveled back up to my hometown this weekend.  We will be staying here until Josh is a couple of weeks from coming home.  My parents graciously are letting us stay in their basement.  It's really nice to be surrounded by family and friends while J is gone.  It keeps me and Easton busy and also allows me a couple extra hands when I need to get some things done.  Easton was a trooper this ride back home.  The ride from Gulfport to Pilot is about 12 hours....so being the second time we have done it in about a month, I was a little nervous as to how he would do!

But this ride was one of our best!  We left Mississippi around 1 central time, and East feel asleep as soon as we got in the car!  He took a FOUR hour nap!!  Yes, a FOUR hour nap!!!  He slept through the whole state of Alabama, which allowed us to get a lot of good traveling done!  We made it to the north side of Atlanta Saturday night before stopping and picking back up early Sunday morning!
When we got home Sunday, my family was having a SuperBowl party and Easton and I enjoyed in the festivities for a bit before we both crashed for the night. For Easton, the highlight of his night was getting to see my brother's girlfriend Emma.  Easton LOVES Emma and flirts with her everytime she is around!

Monday was a quiet day for us!  Easton was slightly cranky, mostly contributed to all the changes the past couple weeks, and was wanting to be right by my side all day.  We needed a couple more items here at the house, so Easton and I decided we would brave the cold (well, cold to us since we were used to 70s in Gulfport) and go to Target and Walmart!  We not only were able to get the items that we needed, but we also got Josh items for his first care package!  When we got home, Easton's favorite place quickly became the big window in the basement looking out at our dog.

He would stand on his tiptoes and squeal everytime the dog would bark.  It was so sweet to see him get so excited.  

And it was an experience today, I have to write about our trip to the Post Office this morning.  I took our stuff we got to send to Josh up to the post office with me and Easton.  We get there, I put Easton in his stroller because I knew it would take a little bit to get everything packed and addressed.  Get in the post office (which I have rarely been in the one at home) and look for the pack and ship boxes.  Find them, and see the rates.  A large box, which we would need, would cost us $60.00 for an international shipment.  I was freaking out.  $60.00 on top of everything I had already put inside the box was going to make this care package crazy expensive!!  But worth it, of course!  I get the box tapped, packed, and go to stand in line to pay for the postage. There are about 5 people in line in front of us and Easton starts having a melt down.  Full on screaming and crying, along with arching his back and screaming some more.  Embarrassing!  After giving him anything I could think of to entertain him, I finally decided that he wasn't going to calm down, and I gave in to taking him out of his stroller to calm him down.  So here I am holding an over 20 pound baby, an almost 20 pound box, and pushing a stroller.  I get up there to pay, when they tell me they have military rates...yay!!!  But I would have to fill out a customs form first.  I had never shipped anything internationally, so I had no clue this was necessary.  So, with a screaming baby, I get it filled out, finally get it paid for, and we left.  In one piece, too!!  Thankfully!!  Hopefully, he will enjoy the package for all the trouble!!

Happy Tuesday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment