Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

Happy FOURTH Everyone and Happy Birthday, America!
I always love the 4th of July!  Growing up, we would always go to the local Minor League Baseball game, watch Fireworks, eat way too much ice cream, and shop during the day.  Two years ago, I was fortunate enough to be up in Washington, D.C. for the 4th.  It was amazing!  Josh was stationed on Bolling Air Force Base, and we got to watch the fireworks on base, right over the capital.  Needless to say, it was AMAZING!!

Leaving the firework show.  For some reason, this is one of my favorite pictures of the two of us :)

This year, the fourth of July has taken on a new meaning.  I have always been proud to be an American, but this year, that pride has swelled.  Today, I'm not only proud to be an American, but I am also proud of my Husband.  My husband is currently stationed overseas, fighting to keep this great land free.  Without the bravery of our soldier, this land wouldn't be free, it wouldn't be the place we are so proud to call home. I cannot put into words how proud I am of my husband and the work, he and all the soldiers over there are doing!  


Some pictures from today.  We didn't do too much, but we did had to get some quick pictures  :)

This weeks been a hard week for me.  Monday was Josh's birthday.  I wanted so badly just to wake up to him.  Tell him Happy Birthday, make him breakfast, make him feel special all day.  And while I did everything I could do, it's hard to celebrate a birthday in two different places, that just happen to be around 7,000 miles apart.  Today, my family had a cookout with some other families.  Couples and kids came over, and while I loved having everyone here, it was hard because at the same time, I wanted my husband here!  I wanted us to be one of the couple here!  I can't tell you how much I miss just being able to pick up the phone and call or text Josh.  Little things you take for granted while someone is here, would mean everything when you can't do it.   
I hope all of you guys had a wonderful day, enjoyed celebrating!  For now, for me, Easton's asleep and I'm off to do some homework and watch the fireworks on TV  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment