Friday, June 8, 2012

The Trick is to Keep Breathing

Some days, I feel as if I rarely have time to catch my breath around here.  If it isn't dealing with school work, it is Easton, or Josh needs something to be mailed out asap so that he can get it...like any parent, I feel like I never have the opportunity to just sit back and catch my breath.  Easton is going through spells where he doesn't want to sleep, so we have some days he just "plays in his crib" during nap time.  It WILL get better, it WILL get better (I keep telling myself this in order to convince myself that it will!)
On the deployment front, we have crossed another milestone.  Actually several since the last time I blogged.  I can officially say that we have made it "OVER THE HUMP," or in common terms, we are over halfway done with this deployment!!!!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  While I can't say exactly how much longer he has, each day is one day closer to him being home, and I am sooooooo ready!!! 
As if celebrating a halfway point in the deployment wasn't exciting enough, the halfway point also fell on mine and Josh's TWO year anniversary!  I cannot believe we have already been married two years, but looking back, I cannot believe how much has happened in those two years...a baby, a move to Mississippi, together 5 months, a deployment, a move back to NC for the deployment, and soon, we will be packing up again!  We cannot wait for J to get home and just have a calm couple months (if that's possible!)
I have started summer classes, so for 8 weeks, they will consume my life again, but after next semester, I will be DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Easton is as wide open as ever!  He has been walking for over two months now, and he thinks he is big stuff. 

He is a complete ham, and he knows it, too!  He loves any and every bit of attention he can get!  
E LOVES basketball, which is good considering our family is a sports-oriented family!  He loves to watch his Uncle Scott shoot basketball outside, and if S leaves the ball on the ground for a second, you better believe that East runs over and picks it up and tries to shoot it on the big goal. 

Easton also LOVES skyping with Josh.  As soon as he sees that the computer is open, he runs up to it yelling "Dada, Dada, Dada," so I know one little boy who will be so excited when "Dada" is finally here in person! 
With the WARM weather that we have been having, we have taken full advantage of our pool on the deck!  East loves to play and splash in it, and it is a great way to burn off some energy! 

In between everything else going on, me and a dear friend, Kelly, are planning a baby shower for our friend, Sara Beth.  Sara Beth is due with her second little girl at the beginning of August.  (We are betting she won't make it past mid-July, however)!  Her first little girl, Kayson, will be TWO in August, so this shower is a simple "sprinkle/diaper shower," but we still wanted to make it festive, cute, and oh so girly!  I can't wait to share pictures of some of our stuff coming together.  Having a little boy, it is so nice to see some pink every now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment